As the COVID-19 crisis evolves and impacts many lives across the country, payer-provider collaboration is key to reversing the curve. The healthcare system must address severe administrative challenges, including bleeding cash flows, communicating and collecting patient cost share and retaining patients who have deferred elective care. This panel discussion addresses these critical issues.
Host and Moderator
Sam Glick, Partner, Health and Life Sciences at Oliver Wyman
- Rich Miller, EVP and Chief Business Strategy Officer, Northwell Health
- Dr. Gerard Brogan, SVP and Chief Revenue Officer, Northwell Health
- Jordan Vidor, RVP, Provider Solutions & Network Management, Empire BlueCross BlueShield, Inc.
- Seth Cohen, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, OODA Health
- There are significant administrative challenges facing healthcare providers and insurance plans during the COVID-19 crisis, including the urgency to address patient cost share, transparency and the billing experience.
- The traditional model of providers billing patients is being re-examined and a new collaborative approach has emerged that enables providers to do what they do best and focus on delivering great care and payers to take financial responsibility.
- Providers are using new approaches to address concern about patient retention post-COVID, especially for elective and chronic-care procedures that have been deferred.